We use BWT to remineralise the water with magnesium, calcium and sodium bicarbonate.
Veneziano Coffee Adelaide
Sort coffee for defects.
Grind 20g on Comandante 20 clicks
Sieve to remove fines under 200 microns.
18g dose into AeroPress.
AeroPress in upright position.
2 filter papers unrinsed.
Water 80 degrees.
AeroPress placed over frozen metal jug.
Spiral pour 140g water .
Add plunger and push down then release to create vacuum.
Move AeroPress to second server jug.
At 1:15 press for 30sec.
Combine chilled extract and pressed brew to make 115g of concentrate.
Bypass with 55g of 60deg water.
15ppm Potassium Bicarbonate
Peregrine Corporation: OTR C Coffee
Coffee sorted for defects
Brew water: 195g
First: Set to 84 degrees
Second: Set to 94 degrees
Brew Method: Inverted
Grinder: 25 Clicks @ Comandante
Filter: Double filter rinsed
1. Add 18G coffee to AeroPress and Level. Tare the scale.
2. Start the time and brew 30ml water @ 84 degrees set.
3. Gently stir 10 times 'til 30 secs.
4. Pour 115ml water @ 84 degrees 'til 40secs.
5. Gently stir 5 times 'til 50secs.
6. Add filter cap with the double rinsed filter.
7. Release the air gently 'til 1:10 secs then flip to decanter for pressing.
8. Set second water temp to 94 degrees.
9. Press slowly for 30secs 'til 1:40secs.
10. Cool down by continuously swirling the decanter 'til 2:30secs.
11. Bypass with 50ml waster @94 degrees.
40.1g Buffer (Alkalinity)
908.7g Distilled Water
Many thanks to our sponsors who helped put this competition together and made it such an enjoyable night of brews :)
Southland Merchants, Adelaide Roasting Collective, Alternative Dairy Co., Coffee Tools Distributors, Penny Spent Brewing and Orenda Goodnes Distributing.